While even rigorous exercise may not be effective at firming up the skin of the arms and thighs, plastic surgery procedures such as arm lift and thigh lift surgery can address theseissues and give the affected areas a tighter, more toned look. Aging, significant weight loss, and other factors can contribute to an excess of inelastic skin accumulating in the upper arms and the thighs. This can be very frustrating for people who have worked hard to get fit, only to find certain parts of the body exhibiting a “flabby” appearance.
Dr. Venkata Erella is a board-certified plastic surgeon with specialty training in an array of body contouring procedures. He can provide you with results that look natural and help you feel better about your appearance.
Please contact Aspira Plastic Surgery by phone at (512) 686-0012 for more information about an arm lift, thigh lift, and other body contouring procedures, or to schedule a complimentary consultation.
What Is an Arm Lift?
Arm lift surgery, medically known as brachioplasty, is designed to correct a problem that affects millions of people: loose, extra skin in the upper arms. When fat melts away with weight loss, the remaining skin is not able to properly tighten itself, and ultimately gives the arms a poorly contoured and somewhat “jiggly”appearance. This can also be caused by genetic factors and the natural aging process.
Arm lift surgery eliminates the inelastic skin and tightens the remainder for a firmer and smoother look.
Am I a Candidate for Arm Lift?
Candidates for arm lift surgery are typically patients who are in reasonable good physical and emotional health, and those who:
- Have sagging and loose skin in the upper areas of the arms and arm pits
- Have lost large amounts of weight and are experiencing excess, loose skin in the arms and arm pits
- Are experiencing irritations or rashes from excess skin folds in the arms and arm pits
Arm Lift Procedure
During an arm lift, Dr. Erella will remove the inelastic excess skin that has accumulated in the upper arms and then tighten the remaining skin. The result will be a much smoother and more taut appearance. Incisions are made on the inside of the arm to make any scarring less noticeable to others.
Dr. Erella is highly experienced with these procedures and will make every effort to make residual scarring as discreet as possible. Arm lift surgery can be performed on an outpatient basis.
Arm Lift Recovery
- You can expect to resume your normal daily routines within one week after arm lift surgery.
- Some pain and discomfort will be present for a few days, but this can be controlled with medication.
- Dr. Erella will advise you to avoid strenuous activities, heavy lifting, and added strain on the arms for a few weeks.
- Compression garments will need to be worn for a short period of time to aid the healing process.
Arm Lift Results
While every patient’s reults will vary, you may notice results of arm lift surgery immediately after the procedure; however, please note that it may take some time for swelling to completely subside and for the long-term results to be apparent.
What Is a Thigh Lift?
Loose, saggy skin in the thighs is a very common, and often very frustrating byproduct of weight loss and the natural aging process. A thigh lift is a procedure designed to remove excess inelastic skin in either the medial or lateral side of the thighs and recontour their appearance, giving them a firmer and more fit look.
This procedure can work wonders for the appearance of your lower body, enhancing the look of the thighs in addition to your self-esteem.
Am I a Candidate for a Thigh Lift?
Candidates for thigh lift surgery are typically patients who are in reasonable good physical and emotional health, and those who:
- Have sagging and loose skin in the thighs
- Have lost large amounts of weight and are experiencing excess, loose skin in the thighs
- Are experiencing irritations or rashes from excess skin folds in the thighs
Thigh Lift Procedure
Thigh lift surgery involves the removal of excess skin in the thighs and a lifting and tightening of the remaining skin. This will give the thighs a firmer and smoother appearance. Scars from this procedure are typically made in inconspicuous areas. Dr. Erella will also work diligently to ensure that any residual scarring is as light and unnoticeable as possible.
Thigh lift surgery can be performed as an outpatient.
Thigh Lift Recovery
- You will need to wear a compression garment for a brief period after thigh lift surgery.
- Some bruising and swelling can be expected during recovery; however, this can be alleviated with medication.
- Dr. Erella will advise you to avoid strenuous exercise or activities for a few weeks after the procedure.
- Many patients are able to resume normal daily routines within a week; however, some patients may need a bit longer to facilitate a smooth healing process.
Thigh Lift Results
You should see immediate results after thigh lift surgery; however the most optimal results will be apparent after several weeks, once the swelling has significantly faded. The effects of thigh lift surgery are long-lasting as long as you are able to maintain a good weight and regular fitness routine. Keep in mind that you may lose some firmness as your body ages.