Over time, breasts can sag and lose their volume, creating excess skin. A breast lift removes this, tightening the breast into a lifted, firmer position. This procedure is often coupled with a breast augmentation to create a new, youthful figure. Dr. Erella and Aspira Plastic Surgery can discuss your options for firm, lifted breasts during your consultation in West Lake Hills.
Who is a candidate for a breast lift?
There are many reasons that breasts become stretched over time. These include:
- Pregnancy, which can cause your breasts to change shape and leave behind excess skin.
- Weight loss, which can leave behind stubborn fat in the breasts and cause them to sag.
- Aging, which can leave the breasts stretched and subject to gravity over time.
Most breasts that are sagging or have lost their shape are candidates for a breast lift procedure with Dr. Erella. Additionally, women in West Lake Hills who are healthy and have fully-developed breasts that are looking for a perkier, more vibrant figure may consider a breast lift with Dr. Erella.
Dr. Erella and Aspira Plastic Surgery offer different incisions that can be customized to your body. During your consultation with Dr. Erella, you can expect to discuss your options.
- A donut incision is a simple, circular incision around the nipple and areola. The scar is hidden within the pigmentation of the areola.
- A lollipop incision goes around the nipple and then down to the crease of the breast, and the scar is hidden underneath.
- An anchor incision continues the lollipop incision with a curved incision underneath the breast crease. The scar is hidden underneath the curvature of the breast crease.
What can I expect from a breast lift procedure?
During your breast lift process in West Lake Hills, Dr. Erella can answer any questions you may have at any step of the way. He will ensure your comfort and confidence in this transforming procedure available to West Lake Hills. Here are some common concerns about breast lifts with Dr. Erella:
What will my results look like?
Since your breast lift procedure will be customized to fit your needs and your body, you can expect the results discussed during your consultation with Dr. Erella in West Lake Hills. Your results will be immediately noticeable, though, despite some common swelling. After the healing process, your new breasts will be lifted, firmed, and rejuvenated.
What is the recovery like for this procedure?
Since this is a surgical procedure, you can expect some recovery time, as well as detailed instructions from Dr. Erella on how to properly care for your new breasts. You should avoid any heavy activity for the first few weeks after surgery, but you can get back to your normal routine after a week. Properly supporting your new breasts during this time is very important to healing and long-term results. The healing process is essential, so be sure to follow any steps given to you by our team at Aspira Plastic Surgery.
- What about scars? Any scarring will depend on the incision pattern discussed during your consultation with Dr. Erella. These will be well-hidden, though, by our expert team to ensure you have the utmost confidence in your new breasts.
- How much does it cost? Because your breast lift procedure will be customized for you, pricing will be discussed during your consultation with Dr. Erella in West Lake Hills. Things to consider will be the extent and quality of the procedure and the practice.
- Will there be a lot of pain? Remember that this is a surgical procedure, so some pain and discomfort can be expected. However, Dr. Erella will be sure to help you manage it with medication and instructions for healing.
If you are located in the West Lake Hills area and are considering a breast lift or other options, contact our office at (512) 593-7699 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Venkata Erella. Our Aspira Plastic Surgery team can help answer any questions you might have.