A tummy tuck can be a very effective way to reduce an accumulation of excess, lax skin in the lower abdominal region and tighten the remaining skin for a firmer and flatter appearance. However, for some people, this accumulation of inelastic skin may be milder and less noticeable, and therefore a full tummy tuck surgery may not be necessary.
Dr. Venkata Erella offers the mini-tummy tuck for patients who can benefit from a subtler form of abdominoplasty that aims to help them tone up the abdominal area for a more fit appearance. Please contact Dr. Erella by calling (512) 593-7699 schedule a complimentary consultation
What Is a Mini-Tummy Tuck?
In some cases where patients are having trouble getting the lower abdomen to look firm and athletic via strict diet and exercise, a mini-tummy tuck can be performed to get rid of excess skin that has formed below the belly button and tighten the muscles in the lower abdominal area. A mini-tummy tuck operates on many of the same principles of the traditional tummy tuck, only it is a shorter procedure, allows for a smaller incision, and often results in a quicker recovery time. Mini-tummy tuck surgery also does not reposition the navel – a common part of traditional tummy tuck surgery.
Dr. Erella will meet with you in an initial consultation to discuss the differences between mini-tummy tuck surgery and full tummy tuck surgery. At this meeting, he can answer your questions and determine whether this procedure is the best option for your unique needs.
Am I a Candidate?
Candidates for mini-tummy tuck surgery include patients who are in relatively good physical and emotional health and those who:
- Are experiencing excess skin in the lower abdominal area that is not responsive to diet and exercise
- Have excess skin that is primarily located under the belly button
- Have experienced accumulation of inelastic skin in the lower part of the abdomen due to pregnancy, recent weight loss, genetics, or other factors
Mini-Tummy Tuck Procedure
The mini-tummy tuck procedure involves the removal of inelastic skin in the lower part of the abdomen under the belly button. Then, Dr. Erella will tighten lower abdominal muscles and pull the remaining skin taut for a flatter and more toned appearance to the stomach area.
A mini-tummy tuck typically takes about two hours or less to complete and can be performed on an outpatient basis.
Mini-Tummy Tuck Recovery
- One of the advantages of mini-tummy tuck surgery is that it is a less invasive procedure than a full tummy tuck – therefore, the recovery time is typically reduced.
- A compression garment will need to be worn for the first few weeks to help with healing.
- There will be some soreness and swelling for a few days after the procedure, but this should fade relatively quickly.
- You will need to avoid strenuous activity for a few weeks after surgery; however, many patients are able to resume normal daily routines after about one week or less.
Mini-Tummy Tuck Results
Although you will notice some results right after surgery, please keep in mind that it will take a few days for the swelling to subside and for the best results of mini-tummy tuck to become apparent. Each patient’s results will vary, but most patients see optimal results after about two to three weeks.
Please contact Dr. Erella by calling (512) 593-7699 or filling out the form on the Aspira Plastic Surgery website to schedule a complimentary consultation for mini-tummy tuck surgery. He will be happy to answer your questions and talk with you about all aspects of this procedure. We are based in Austin, and serve the communities of Round Rock, Lakeway, and other nearby Texas towns.