Sometimes, women who have breast enhancement may not have achieved the results they originally intended. Or, patients may want to upgrade their breast implants to a different model or size. Others may be experiencing complications or just general dissatisfaction with the results.
In these cases, breast revision surgery can go a long way toward helping women realize their goals and be extremely happy with the outcome. Dr. Venkata Erella is an extraordinarily skilled, board-certified plastic surgeon who is very experienced with breast revision surgery. He can resolve problems you may be having from a previous breast enhancement procedure and give you the results you always wanted.
Please contact Dr. Erella to schedule a complimentary breast revision surgery consultation. Call (512) 593-7699 today
What Is Breast Revision Surgery?
Breast revision surgery, also known as secondary breast enhancement surgery, is performed to solve problems or dissatisfaction caused by a previous breast surgery. Breast revision surgeries are often a good option for patients who have:
- The desire to upgrade breast implants from saline to silicone, or vice-versa
- The desire to add more volume to the breasts
- The desire to reduce volume in the breasts or to go back to the original breast size
- Symmastia (the loss of cleavage because the implants are too close together)
- Complications from a previous surgery
- Scar tissue forming around the breast implant, causing a hardened feeling in the breasts (capsular contracture)
- Shifting of the implant causing an asymmetrical appearance
- Implant rupture
- Implant rippling
Am I a Candidate?
Candidates for breast revision surgery are typically women who are in reasonably good physical and emotional health, and those who have:
- Had a previous breast surgery and are experiencing problems such as those listed above
Dr. Erella will speak with you about all aspects of breast revision surgery during your initial consultation here at our practice. He will answer all of your questions, and go over the options available to you that can help you meet your goals.
Breast Revision Surgery Procedure
The specific kind of breast revision surgery you will undergo largely depends on your reasons for having the procedure. Where possible, Dr. Erella will use the incisions created in the first breast surgery to avoid additional scarring in other areas.
Again, since there are a variety of reasons patients have breast revision surgery, the details of the procedure will depend on your specific needs. Dr. Erella will be happy to discuss these with you and help you determine the best course of action.
Breast Revision Surgery Recovery
Recovery information for breast revision surgery will depend on the type of procedure you undergo. Recovery details may include:
- Patients can often resume normal daily activities within a week
- Any discomfort can be alleviated with medication
- A compression garment will need to be worn for the first few weeks to help the breasts heal
- You will be advised not to undertake in strenuous activity or heavy lifting for at least four weeks after breast revision surgery
- Dr. Erella will provide you with a list of post-operative instructions to help you recover as smoothly as possible
Breast Revision Surgery Results
For breast revision procedures, each patient’s results will vary. Although you should notice immediate results after breast revision surgery, you will likely not see the long-term outcome for several weeks, as the swelling from the procedure subsides. Dr. Erella will give you a clearer idea of your potential results once he starts exploring treatment options for your unique needs.
Breast Revision Frequently Asked Questions
CAN BREAST IMPLANTS BE REMOVED AND NOT REPLACED?
Yes breast implants can be removed and not replaced. It is mostly uptown the client.
CAN CAPSULAR CONTRACTURE GET WORSE?
Capsular contracture ia progressive phenomenon and can get worse with time
CAN BREAST IMPLANTS BE REDUCED IN SIZE?
Yes they can changed to smaller implants, in those situation usually they need a lift
CAN BREAST IMPLANTS CHANGE SHAPE OVER TIME?
Can change shape and feel over time if capsular contracture develops.
WHAT ARE THE EARLY SIGNS OF CAPSULAR CONTRACTURE?
Dull and progressive pain