Losing weight in a controlled, healthy fashion is an exceptional way to protect your health and prolong your life. Dropping excess pounds is one of the best things you can do for yourself, and you deserve to be applauded for putting in the hard work necessary to lose weight.
However, while losing a great deal of weight is great for your health and your appearance, it can pose unique aesthetic problems. Sadly, these concerns can prevent you from fully enjoying the benefits of your new, healthy body.
Dr. Erella has more than a decade of experience with post-bariatric procedures, which are designed to tighten and reshape your body after significant weight loss. These body procedures address some common concerns raised by patients who have lost a great deal of weight.
If you live in or around Austin, Texas and you think a post-bariatric procedure might be right for you, please call Aspira Plastic Surgery today at (512) 730-3885.
Which Procedures Can Help?
Your body adapts to your weight in various ways. This is most noticeable with your skin- it stretches to accommodate more weight, then loosens when that weight is lost. But there are other ways in which your body responds to weight fluctuations, including those involving various muscle groups.
A relatively moderate amount of weight loss, when undergone over a relatively long period of time, gives your body plenty of time to adjust. But if you have instead lost a lot of weight, it can be difficult for your body to adapt, leaving you with loose, flabby, unattractive skin and distended abdominal muscles.
There are solutions to these concerns, fortunately. A range of post-bariatric procedures can help Austin-area residents who have recently lost a great deal of weight. Each patient’s results will vary, so Dr. Erella will examine you to determine if you are a candidate for:
- Body Lift
- Tummy tuck, which tightens loose abdominal muscles and removes excess skin
- Breast procedures – many women report sagging or a loss of breast volume after losing weight
- Arm lift/thigh lift – Loose, excess skin is a particular problem for the arms and legs. These procedures tighten skin and remove any excess.
- Liposuction can remove stubborn deposits of fat that don’t respond to diet and exercise, even with a great deal of weight loss
- Panniculectomy – Excess skin that hangs below the lower abdomen, called the pannus, can become severe enough to cause rashes, skin ulcers, back pain, hygiene problems, and even difficulty walking and standing. Dr. Erella can perform a panniculectomy to address this debilitating condition and reduce the excess skin. The remaining skin will be pulled taut for a smoother appearance.
Obviously, determining which procedure is right for you will depend on your specific circumstances and goals. Dr. Erella is committed to listening to you and working with you.
It’s important to remember that a post-bariatric cosmetic regimen often requires multiple procedures, especially if you have multiple concerns. Finding the right plastic surgeon is crucial, as Dr. Erella understands the strain your body can withstand and how to work with your unique needs.