Breast Augmentation in Austin, TX
Breast augmentation is the ideal procedure for any woman seeking to improve her self-esteem and confidence in Austin, TX, and the surrounding areas. By using breast implants or fat transfer, this surgery can improve natural breast size, restore lost breast volume after weight loss or pregnancy, achieve a more enhanced breast shape, and improve breast symmetry. Women with smaller or unevenly sized breasts can achieve a fuller, firmer, and better-proportioned appearance through the placement of silicone or saline implants in the breast.
If you’re considering undergoing breast augmentation for any medical or aesthetic reason, and reside in the Austin region of Texas, Dr. Venkata Erella, one of the top plastic surgeons in the Austin area, can help. He is an expertly trained and double board-certified plastic surgeon who strives to provide his patients with personalized plans based on their own realistic aesthetic goals.
Breast Augmentation in Austin, Lakeway, and Bee Cave, TX, at a Glance: What You Need to Know
- Breast augmentation is designed to give women the breast size and shape that they desire.
- Dr. Erella will help you review your breast augmentation options of silicone implants, saline implants, or breast enhancement with your own body fat. He takes a patient-centered approach to achieve the very best results.
- Dr. Erella is double board-certified, highly qualified, and has performed many successful breast augmentation surgeries over the years.
- Dr. Erella’s breast augmentation methods are the most cost-effective in the area and produce high patient satisfaction. His loyal patients love their results!
- Breast augmentation surgery with Dr. Erella in Austin, Lakeway, and Bee Cave, TX, boasts a fast recovery, has minimal scarring, and revives patients’ confidence and self-esteem.
What are the Benefits of Breast Augmentation Surgery in Austin?
This highly popular procedure is safe, customizable, and rewarding when choosing a surgeon as masterful as Dr. Erella. His patients enjoy many incredible benefits from their breast augmentation results, some of which include:
- Larger, more shapely breasts.
- A more youthful and attractive figure
- More balanced body proportions and symmetry
- A boost in self-confidence and self-image
Who Is a Good Candidate for Breast Augmentation Surgery?
There are many reasons why women choose breast augmentation. While Dr. Erella wants to help each and every one of his patients, you must meet these general criteria before moving forward with a consultation and examination:
- You want an increase in breast volume.
- Your breasts have changed shape because of aging, pregnancy, or other issues.
- Your breasts are uneven or asymmetrical.
- You want to boost your confidence and self-esteem.
- You have realistic expectations for what breast augmentation can do for you.
You should also note that breast augmentation is not meant to lift, reduce volume, or reconstruct the breast. However, Dr. Erella does offer other procedures that target these issues. If you do meet these general guidelines, Dr. Erella would be happy to meet with you personally to discuss your aesthetic goals.
Personalized Care. Honest Approach.
Dr. Venkata Erella is double board-certified, highly respected, and takes a patient-centered approach to care that has made him a valued member of the Austin, TX community for many years. Contact us today to learn how Dr. Erella can help you reach your ideal look!
What Are My Breast Augmentation Implant Options?
Dr. Erella expertly performs breast augmentations with saline or silicone implants. Each of these implants has its own set of benefits, so he will help you to decide which option is best for you. He always has your best interest in mind in terms of safety, results, experience, and cost.
Plastic surgeons highly recommend silicone breast implants for patients who are thin and desire a soft and natural look. With the FDA having validated their safety and efficacy, these implants are quickly becoming the most popular type. However, unlike saline implants, it is difficult to tell when a silicone implant ruptures and an MRI is required to detect this. Silicone implants are also the most common ones used as of now.
Saline implants are filled with a sterile saltwater solution, however, any leakage from this type of implant does not pose a health threat because the body safely absorbs the solution. Saline implants are also less costly than those made from silicone. When considering saline implants, however, it is important to keep in mind that in some cases, rippling of the implant can occur, something that could affect women who are thin and who have low volumes of breast tissue.
For patients who would like more breast volume without having an artificial implant to achieve the look, a fat transfer might be the best option. With this procedure, fat is ‘harvested’ utilizing liposuction from the patient’s own body, such as the abdomen, flanks, and thighs. The fat then undergoes a process of purification and refinement, and it is then gradually injected into the breasts with small syringes, ensuring that the shape is evenly distributed. However, not many individuals will qualify for this type of procedure.
What Does Breast Augmentation Surgery Involve?
On your surgery day in Austin, TX, Dr. Erella will invite you to voice any last-minute questions or concerns. After meeting with our anesthesiologist, Dr. Erella will begin surgery. He will mark your breasts before the surgery.
He’ll use one of three incision options:
- Lower breast crease
- Easily hidden
- Highly accurate
- Most commonly used incision in this country.
- Around the nipple
- Least amount of scarring
- Low risk of altered nipple sensation
- In the armpit
- No scarring on the breast
- Best for saline implants
Dr. Erella will recommend which type of incision is best for your goals. He’ll also help you decide between submuscular or subglandular placement, which will affect the appearance and longevity of your implants. Lastly, Dr. Erella will precisely insert your implant and then carefully close your incisions, after which you can begin your recovery.
When Will I See My Austin Breast Augmentation Results?
Your results are immediately visible! You should notice an improvement in the appearance and shape of your breasts right away, and any pain or discomfort is usually minimal. Continue to wear your compression garment as this will enhance your comfort and help with your healing. You will continue to heal as your swelling dissipates over the next several weeks.
A carefully chosen sports bra should be worn continuously during the day for the first few weeks after surgery. After four to six weeks, you can expect to have no restrictions on the type of bra you wear.
Depending on the type of work you do, you can resume lighter activities after 7 days of rest following the surgery. You should be able to return to your everyday work activities after one week.
We will set you up for success by giving you plenty of information before and after surgery. Our team is here to help if you have any questions, concerns, or need help in any way after your surgery. Dr. Erella values creating a real relationship with you, which is why he will always be there to help you even after the procedure.
Your Breast Augmentation Plan, Austin, TX, with Dr. Venkata Erella
Aside from having expert knowledge in his field of study, Dr. Venkata Erella takes a patient-centered approach to ensure that his patients receive the best care possible before, during, and after their procedure. If you would like to speak with Dr. Erella personally about what he can do for you, call (512) 730-3885 or schedule a consultation on the Aspira Plastic Surgery website today! We are based in Austin, and serve the communities of Lakeway, Bee Cave, and other nearby areas in Texas.
Breast Augmentation FAQ's
You’ll need to choose between saline or silicone, as each material has distinct advantages and disadvantages. Dr. Erella inserts saline implants, made with a silicone outer shell, empty into a smaller, less noticeable incision site, then fills the shells with sterile water.
If you lack natural breast tissue, you might benefit more from silicone implants made from a synthetic material that feels comparable to human fat. The implants have a case made from silicone and filled with silicone gel.
Silicone implants tend to feel softer and more natural. Dr. Erella will use his expertise to recommend the option that he feels is best for your unique situation. Now a days most commonly used implants are Silicone implants.
- Breast Lift: Pregnancy or breastfeeding stretches the breast skin and tissue, causing the breasts to become pendulous or to sag. As a result, the nipples may end up pointing downward. Weight gain or loss, or simply the natural aging process can also affect the shape and form of a woman’s breasts. Breast lift surgery, which removes redundant breast skin, is known as a mastopexy. The procedure creates a firmer and tighter bust line and breasts with more volume, which helps make a woman feel years younger. Often this is combined with implants to achieve more volume.
- Breast Reduction: Some women struggle for years with uncomfortably large breasts. Even a healthy diet and regular exercise may fail to produce the desired results, and this is when women can benefit from the reshaping the breast down to a smaller size. This surgery helps relieve pain in the back and shoulders, but other problems such as irritated skin, and limited physical movement can also be alleviated. Overall, the results are lighter, firmer, more proportionate breasts.
- Breast Revision: If you are dissatisfied with your breast implants’ feel or appearance, you may want to consider having a second surgery, which is known as a breast implant revision. There are many reasons why women may want to change their implants, often after several years. These include contracture, problems with symmetry, a different size, or simply the desire to remove their implants altogether.
- Gynecomastia for Men: Gynecomastia appears in older teens and adult men as enlarged breast tissue on the chest wall. If you suffer from feminine-looking breasts, you may have tried everything to decrease their size (diet, exercise, medications, or hormone therapies) but without success. The shape and size of your breasts may be affecting self-image when you take off your shirt at the gym or the pool, which this surgery aims to correct.
When faced with the loose skin and tissue of droopy breasts caused by breastfeeding, weight loss, or the aging process, a breast lift might be part of the answer to restoring a more youthful appearance. There are cases where the two procedures are offered together, where it is agreed that a breast lift with augmentation is the best solution.
Implants may last for as long as 15 years or more. Provided there are no signs of damage or visible defects, such as breast rippling or a deformity, replacing your implants should not be necessary. However, periodic checks of the implants are essential to ensure they remain intact. The FDA recommends having silicone implants screened via MRI three years after your breast augmentation surgery and every two years after that.
Signs your implants could be due for replacement include hardening, saline rupture (with leakage and deflation), silicone rupture (known as a silent rupture), rippling and palpability, and change in position.
Surgical time varies for each patient but typically takes 1-2 hours.
The Keller funnel helps to insert the implant into the pocket without touching it directly. It also helps to eliminate the implant from touching the skin. Both of these things lead to fewer complications like infection, capsular contracture, etc.
Breast implant size and profile depend on multiple factors, starting with your body, lifestyle, and personality, breast measurements. You’ll also need to discuss other variables with Dr. Erella, including breast diameter, frame size, amount of breast tissue, nipple position, and personal desires. At the time of your consultation, we take measurements in our office, and try different sizes to find the best fit.
Complete any required paperwork and download necessary software beforehand. Do a trial run to ensure you have no technical issues before the consultation. Write down all the questions you would like to ask Dr. Erella. Be ready to discuss all your health issues and goals.
As anatomy varies from person to person, so does cleavage. Cleavage depends on the diameter of the breasts, the implants’ width, and your anatomy— specifically where the muscle is inserted.
If your nipple is above the crease, also known as the inframammary fold under your breasts, you do not need a lift, and an implant alone can give the desired results. If your nipples sit below the breast crease, you likely need a breast lift. If the breasts have less volume, a lift with an implant will give the best possible results.
Breast augmentation recovery involves pain because of the manipulation of the muscle to create the pocket. The recovery usually takes about five days. It can be controlled with muscle relaxants and pain meds. Usually, exercising can start in 2-3 weeks, and we recommend gradually increasing intensity level as time goes on.
Inserting the implant into the pocket without directly touching it is called the “no-touch technique.” Using a Keller funnel will achieve this.
Silicone gel implants feel soft, look natural, and have a lower chance of rippling.
It is very unusual to lose sensation of the nipple permanently. It can be temporary sometimes because of the stretching of the sensory nerve.
Dr. Erella usually does not insert drains for breast augmentation or lifts with implants.
Dr. Erella uses sutures that dissolve by themselves in layers.
We recommend taking time off for about 4-7 days.
Breast Augmentation is a minimal risk procedure, and immediate complications are rare. Bleeding, hematoma, and infection are immediate complications that are not common. Late complications are rippling, rupture of the implant, and capsular contracture.
To achieve natural results that fit best for the unique individual.
You will try different sizes during your consultation with Dr. Erella. He’ll take your individual proportions into account, including:
- Breast width circumference
- Shoulder width
- Rib cage shape, width, and circumference
- Hip width
- Waist-to-hip ratio
Based on these measurements, he will recommend what fits your body best to achieve your goal. You also try different sizers during your consultation and see which fits best for your frame and goal.
There will be a scar in the breast crease, which can be concealed easily. With Dr. Erella’s expertise, he will make sure it is as fine as possible.
Implants can rupture over time. If it is a saline implant, you will know right away as that side will be flat. If it is a silicone implant, you may need an ultrasound or MRI to detect it.
Yes, you can get mammograms after breast implants. It is safe, and they will not rupture because of the mammogram.
It is common to feel tight after surgery, and it will take a few weeks for the tissues to stretch and accommodate the implant to feel natural.
Dr. Erella recommends wearing a compression bra after surgery for 3-4 weeks while healing. It supports the implant, and there is less pain. As healing progresses, we then change it into a sports bra and then into a wired bra.
Yes, it is performed under general anesthesia in our practice. It is a short, out-patient procedure.
We recommend getting somebody to stay with you after surgery for a couple of days as you are recovering.
If there are no issues or complications, there is no need to change them regularly. But the implants will need to be checked by a board certified plastic surgeon to determine the implant integrity.
Dr. Erella is board certified in plastic surgery and highly experienced in doing these procedures. He will give the utmost importance to your safety and is known for producing natural-looking results and achieve your goals. He and his team will be committed to you from before the surgery until you recover.
Please look for a board certified plastic surgeon and their reputation. Ask as many questions as you can during your consultation and see if he or she is the right fit for you. Try different sizers and see if they are giving enough time during the consultation to address all of your concerns or questions.