It won’t take you too much time searching the internet to get all the hot gossip about what famous people have had plastic surgery and who swears they haven’t. You’ll see before-and-after pictures of red-carpet beauties like Kylie Jenner, Ariana Grande, or Renée Zellweger, accompanied by plenty of admissions, denials, and not much credible information.
How many times have you wished to look like one of these celebrities? Perhaps their angular cheekbones, perfect nose, cute smile, or perky breasts made you take a second look.
One thing that’s different about celebrity cosmetic medicine is that many wealthy, famous people treat their plastic surgeons like a family physician. That’s how they stay abreast of the latest technologies and techniques. The ability to keep a skilled surgeon on retainer explains why we see a sweeping change in famous people like Kylie Jenner. Though she has admitted to filler injections, she has denied going under the knife. Still, speculation swirls that she’s had rhinoplasty, a chin enhancement, breast augmentation, and a Brazilian butt lift.
In the real world of everyday women and men who need cosmetic help but don’t have the luxury to have a surgeon on speed dial, the consultation process is critical. During your initial visit, you will meet with your surgeon and their staff. You will then learn about the procedure you are considering and the person who may perform it. This in-person meeting is your opportunity to ask any detailed questions and share your concerns. As with any other milestone event, you should arrive alert and prepared.
Here are some suggestions to make sure your plastic surgery consultation is a success.
Before Leaving Home
- Research your procedure on the physician’s website.
- If you’re looking into breast surgery or body sculpting, be sure to wear clothing and underwear to make disrobing quick and comfortable. (You’ll need to reveal relevant body areas and put on a patient gown.)
- Prepare a list of written questions you want to ask your surgeon.
- Bring your medical history information, including any health issues that run in your immediate family. Have a list of medications you currently take.
At the Surgeon’s Office
- Is the office professional, organized, and clean?
- Is the staff courteous, friendly, and knowledgeable?
- Is the atmosphere warm and welcoming?
While Meeting With the Plastic Surgeon
- Do they make you feel welcome and at ease?
- Do they listen to your concerns?
- Do they answer your questions clearly and concisely?
- Does your surgeon understand your cosmetic goals?
- Do you understand all options available?
Questions to Ask Your Surgeon
- Is this the correct procedure for me? If not, what is?
- How many times have you performed this surgery?
- What are the cosmetic benefits?
- What are the risks?
- Are you board-certified with the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Where will I have the surgery?
- What anesthesia will you use, and who will administer it?
- What are the credentials of your surgical staff?
- What are the protocols in case of an emergency?
- Do you have before-and-after photos of your patients who’ve had the same procedure?
Schedule Your Informative Plastic Surgery Consultation
At Aspira Plastic Surgery & Med Spa, our goal is to deliver natural-looking results. With plastic surgery, realistic expectations are essential. You should never aim to look like a different person – only a more confident, attractive version of yourself. Take the next step of your cosmetic enhancement journey and contact our office at +1-512-730-3885 or schedule your consultation online today!